1. Why convert to Islam when Islam does not affirm Jesus’ death on the cross?
- The Muslim denial of Jesus’ death on the cross is a denial of history and therefore irrational.
- Muslim denial of Jesus’ death on the cross is a denial of God’s work in history and therefore ungodly.
2. Why convert to Islam when the Quran contradicts previous revelation?
Muslims say the Bible is corrupted because of textual variants. However, Muslims are unable to answer the following questions:
- Who changed the Biblical teaching about the crucifixion and death of Jesus?
- When did the change occur and why?
- What manuscript evidence do you have for such a change? In other words, can you show me a manuscript fragment or complete manuscript from the New Testament that teaches Jesus did not die on the cross?
- Can you produce historical evidence (eyewitness accounts, a record of eyewitness accounts, accounts of an historian, a Gospel, etc.) dating before AD 100 that deny Jesus’ death on the cross?
Muslims need to give historical explanation for how Christians, including Jesus’ disciples, mistakenly came to believe Jesus died on the cross.
4. Why convert to Islam seeing that some of Muhammad’s marriages were sinful?
5. Why convert to Islam when Muhammad admitted he was a sinner in need of God’s forgiveness?
Muhammad was a sinner (Quran 48:2), and reportedly said he was a sinner in need of forgiveness:
Sahih Muslim Book 035, Number 6523:
Al-Agharr al-Muzani who was from amongst the Companions of Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) reported that Ibn ‘Umar stated to him that Allah’s Messenger (may peace ‘be upon him) said: O people, seek repentance from Allah. Verily, I seek repentance from Him a hundred times a day.
Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 75, Number 319:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
I heard Allah’s Apostle saying.” By Allah! I ask for forgiveness from Allah and turn to Him in repentance more than seventy times a day.”
6. Why convert to Islam since Jesus never sinned?
Not only did Jesus live a sinless life, but Jesus forgave sin (Mark 2:5).
7. Why convert to Islam when Jesus perfectly exemplified love, and Muhammad did not?
- Jesus commanded His disciples to love their enemies (Matthew 5:43-48).
- Jesus’ not only taught about love, He demonstrated love. Jesus willingly laid down His life for His enemies: Jews and non-Jews (John 3:16; Romans 5:8,10).
8. Why convert to Islam when Muslims have a low view of sin, God’s justice, and God’s holiness?
9. Why convert to Islam since Muhammad is dead and buried, and Jesus’ tomb is empty?
You should convert to Christianity because Jesus lives. Jesus is the way to eternal life. Jesus has overcome death.