1. Why convert to Islam when Islam does not affirm Jesus’ death on the cross?
- The Muslim denial of Jesus’ death on the cross is a denial of history and therefore irrational.
- Muslim denial of Jesus’ death on the cross is a denial of God’s work in history and therefore ungodly.
If you convert to Islam you will die in your sins (John 8:24). If you believe in Jesus you will be set free from the power and penalty of sin (John 8:34-36).
2. Why convert to Islam when the Quran contradicts previous revelation?
3. Why convert to Islam since it cannot be demonstrated that the angel Gabriel revealed the Quran to Muhammad?
4. Why convert to Islam seeing that some of Muhammad’s marriages were sinful?
5. Why convert to Islam when Muhammad admitted he was a sinner in need of God’s forgiveness?
Muhammad was a sinner (Quran 48:2), and reportedly said he was a sinner in need of forgiveness:
Sahih Muslim Book 035, Number 6523:
Al-Agharr al-Muzani who was from amongst the Companions of Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) reported that Ibn ‘Umar stated to him that Allah’s Messenger (may peace ‘be upon him) said: O people, seek repentance from Allah. Verily, I seek repentance from Him a hundred times a day.
Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 75, Number 319:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
I heard Allah’s Apostle saying.” By Allah! I ask for forgiveness from Allah and turn to Him in repentance more than seventy times a day.”
The story of the Bible is about how another must die for our sins. This was the purpose of the sacrificial system. Islam denies the Mosaic Covenant (Exodus 24:5-8) and the New Covenant in Jesus’ blood (Matthew 26:27-28) for a fictional covenant.
6. Why convert to Islam since Jesus never sinned?
Not only did Jesus live a sinless life, but Jesus forgave sin (Mark 2:5).
7. Why convert to Islam when Jesus perfectly exemplified love, and Muhammad did not?
- Jesus commanded His disciples to love their enemies (Matthew 5:43-48).
- Jesus’ not only taught about love, He demonstrated love. Jesus willingly laid down His life for His enemies: Jews and non-Jews (John 3:16; Romans 5:8,10).
8. Why convert to Islam since Muhammad is dead and buried, and Jesus’ tomb is empty?
You should convert to Christianity because Jesus lives. Jesus is the way to eternal life. Jesus has overcome death.