Do you believe what Jesus believed about the Bible?
The Bible was central to Jesus’ teaching
The Bible was foundational to Jesus’ beliefs and teaching,
- Jesus taught that the Bible was authoritative (Matthew 5:17-44 and John 10:30-36)
- Jesus taught that the biblical writers were inspired by the Holy Spirit (Mark 12:36)
- Jesus taught that the Old Testament Bible is a means of salvation (Luke 16:31; see Rom.10:17).
- When Jesus was disputing with the Pharisees and teachers of the Law He appealed to the Scriptures (Matthew 19:4 with Genesis 2:24; Matthew 22:41-46 with Psalm 110:1)
Jesus taught that error comes from not knowing the Bible (Matthew 22:29).
Jesus taught that it was necessary for Scripture be fulfilled (Luke 24:25,27,44; Matthew 26:54)1
- Jesus put belief in His words on the same level as belief in the Old Testament Bible (John 5:45-47).
Jesus lived by the Bible, and Jesus is alive
One of the greatest evidences for the reliability of the Christian Bible is that Jesus not only lived by the Bible, Jesus is alive – His tomb is empty
Do you believe in Jesus? Do you believe what Jesus believed about Scripture?
- Bible Difficulties and Contradictions
- Does the Bible Contradict Itself?
- Contradictions, Corruptions, and Copyists
- Discrepancies and Contradictions
- The Manuscript Tradition of the Bible
- It has been estimated that there are 456 Messianic prophecies in the Old Testament that were fulfilled by Jesus. A professor at a University decided to try and calculate the probability of one person fulfilling just eight of the Messianic prophecies. He estimated that the chance of one man fulfilling all eight prophecies was one in 1017. That means the probability of Jesus fulfilling these eight prophecies was one out of the number 10 followed by seventeen zeros.This number is large enough to cover the entire state of Texas with silver dollars to a level of two feet deep. Think about it: if the probability for fulfilling eight of the chosen prophecies was one in 1017, then what about the other 448 prophecies (taken from, The Facts on Jesus the Messiah John Ankerberg & John Weldon pp.9-11)? [↩]