Muslims say they believe in Jesus, but they do not believe in the Jesus is history. Muslims believe what Muhammad said about Jesus almost 600 years later. The Quran lacks the following key truths about Jesus:
- The Quran does not affirm Jesus’ sworn testimony that He is the Son of God (Matthew 26:63-66).
- The Quran categorically denies that Jesus is God.
- The Quran does not affirm the historic event of Jesus’ death on the cross for sin (Quran 4:157–158).
- The Quran does not affirm the historic event of Jesus’ resurrection from the dead for the righteousness of those who believe in Him.
- The Quran does not affirm Jesus as Lord.
- The Quran does not affirm Jesus as Savior.
“Who Do You Say I Am” is a helpful 18-point comparison by Dr. Emir Caner between the Jesus of the Bible and the Jesus of Islam. Be sure and check it out: