A Muslim double standard?
Muslims commonly ask non-Muslims,
- “Have you read the Quran?” 1Strictly speaking, many Muslims cannot read the Quran because they cannot speak Arabic.
- “Don’t judge Islam when you haven’t read the Quran.“
Have you ever wondered how many Muslims have read the Bible?
I’ve invited many Muslims from dozens of nations to read the Bible, but not many have taken up my invitation. These are the kinds of answers they give,
- “The Bible is corrupt”
- “I have all I need in the Quran”
- “The Quran has replaced the Bible”
This is a double standard. Muslims say they want dialogue. Muslims say they want to be understood. Muslims frequently point out that others haven’t read the Quran, and yet most Muslims have never read the Bible.
Muslims not only have a problem of double standards but hypocrisy.
- How many Christians are afraid to carry their Bible in Muslim countries?
- How many Muslim women and children would fear for their safety, if they were caught reading a Bible?
- How many Muslim countries forbid the distribution of Bibles?
Muslims have invited me to read the Quran. I have accepted their invitation, but will you now accept my invitation to read the Bible? If not, why not?
- Bible Difficulties and Contradictions
- Does the Bible Contradict Itself?
- The Muslim view of the Bible is different from Jesus’ view of the Bible. Therefore, do Muslims really believe in Jesus?
References [ + ]
|1.||↥||Strictly speaking, many Muslims cannot read the Quran because they cannot speak Arabic.|